Influential names in the restaurant industry will take Center Stage at next month’s International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York. A wide range of chefs, culinary professionals, and authors who have been featured on The Food Network, Bar Rescue, Family Kitchen Revival, Top Chefs, Recipe Rehab, Iron Chef, and others will present culinary demonstrations. Mareya Ibrahim, an award-winning entrepreneur, chef and author will emcee the action-packed Center Stage during the three-day event taking place March 6-8, 2022 at the Javits Center in New York City.
“We are excited to bring the industry back together and welcome a stellar line up of chefs as well as industry leaders to our Center Stage designed to spark creative juices and showcase industry trends. We invite all attendees to make time to watch fantastic demonstrations and taste delicious food and drinks,” said Rita Ugianskis, Vice President, Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group. “During the course of the three-day International Restaurant Show Center Stage will offer culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs, insightful panel discussions and culinary and beverage competitions.” The full Center Stage schedule is available on the Show website.
Sunday, March 6
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Jonathan Scinto, a Chef, TV Host, Creator, Spokesman and Entrepreneur from Long Island, N.Y. Jonathan is the creator and host of the reality TV series, “Family Kitchen Revival” now streaming on Amazon Prime Video and Roku via GlewedTV. Chef Jonathan Scinto visits 8 families who have dealt with incredible hardships and helps them heal thru the power of food. (10:30 am – 11:15 am)
- Presentation of the Torch Award to Chef Anita Lo, a former restaurant owner, cookbook author and Michelin star chef, she has appeared as a contestant on Chopped All Stars, Iron Chef America, and Top Chef Masters. She was also the first female guest chef to cook a State Dinner at the White House under the Obama Administration. Lo is the author of “Cooking Without Borders,” which highlights her passion for bringing multicultural flavors to her American kitchen and “Solo: Easy Sophisticated Recipes for a Party of One.” (11:45 pm – 12:30 pm)
- Presentation of the New Humanitarian Spotlight Award to Nate Mook who will accept on behalf of World Central Kitchen’s (WCK) Recovery work which focuses on food and nutrition access while communities rehabilitate and rebuild after natural disasters, humanitarian emergencies, and other acute crises. (1:15 – 2:00 pm)
- Raise The Bar: Building the Right Team & Cocktail Menus To Keep Your Customers Thirsty For More, presented by The Super Squad – This must-attend seminar will include discussion, demonstrations, and deep dives into menu creation from top experts in the hospitality industry, including Super Squad members Art Sutley, Nightlife & Hospitality Expert, Director Of Strategic Accounts Savage & Cooke Distillery; Mia Mastroianni, Celebrity Mixologist, Consultant As Seen On Bar Rescue; and Phil Wills, Owner/Partner, The Spirits In Motion© Consultant As Seen On Bar Rescue. (2:15 – 3:00 pm)
- Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Competition – Cocktails & Coffeecompetition will feature bartenders and mixologists creating the best coffee cocktail. The contestants will be judged on creativity, use of product, taste, presentation, and flair. Art Sutley, Mia Mastroianni and Phil Wells will judge the competition following their panel discussion. (3:30 – 5:00 pm).
Monday, March 7
- Culinary Demonstration by Chef Mareya Ibrahim, an award-winning entrepreneur, chef, and author of the new book, “Eat Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive” and co-inventor of the patented Eatcleaner line of products. Mareya is also a featured chef on The Food Network, eHow.com, LiveStrong.com, and the Emmy-nominated show “Recipe Rehab.” (10:30 am – 11:15 am)
- Keynote Presentation by the New York State Restaurant Association – (11:45 am – 12:30 pm)
- Culinary Demonstration and Presentation of The Beacon Award to Chef Millie Peartree, a world-renowned community chef, taste-maker, restaurateur, and philanthropist based out of New York City. Her flagship business Millie Peartree Cupcakes and More catapulted her to the respected A-list celebrity personal chef, successful restaurateur, and cupcake extraordinaire she is today. (12:45 – 1:45 pm).
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Jehangir Mehta, runner-up on The Next Iron Chef and owner of the popular East Village restaurant Graffiti. Chef Mehta will cooked on the fly to demonstrate sustainability and cooking using the food left over from the previous chefs. Mehta made his name by juxtaposing ingredients, textures and tastes from his native India with flavors from all around the globe. It is his cultural heritage that fills him with endless inspiration, and it all began when Mumbai-born Jehangir took an interest in the goings-on of the kitchen in his childhood home. (2:15 – 3:00 pm)
- Rapid Fire Challenge: Plant Based Edition sponsored and moderated by Total Foodservice will feature chefs who will present their favorite and most creative plant-based recipes. Judges include Chef Maria Loi; Executive Chef Stephen Yen, TAO Group; and Chef Gennaro Pecchia. (3:30 pm – 5:00 pm).
Tuesday, March 8
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Stephen Yen, a New York native, and graduate of the French Culinary Institute (International Culinary Center). Stephen trained at Iron Chef Morimoto’s restaurant in the meatpacking district. Chef Stephen has now spent the past two years running the infamous Tao Downtown restaurant, which is part of the Tao Group, owned by Madison Square Garden. Tao group and Hakkasan brands have combined to become one of the largest nightlight/restaurant groups in the world. Chef Stephen also is part of the Chef Advisory board at the Food and Finance High School here NYC. (10:30 – 11:15 am)
- Culinary Demonstration with Maria Loi – Chef Maria Loi is an internationally renowned entrepreneur, author, television personality and philanthropist working to change the world – one healthy bite at a time. Known as the Julia Child of Greece, she is the founder and face of a lifestyle brand that nurtures a healthy body and soul, melds the inspiration of ancient Greece with a modern approach to the Mediterranean diet, cooks up a heaping dose of happiness, humor and joy and helps people boost their immunity and improve their health, wellness and longevity. (1:00 – 1:45 pm)
In addition to the action-packed Center Stage, the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show Center Stage will offer the new Education Summits focus on the most important issues including business solutions, marketing tips, operational efficiency and staffing solutions. For information about exhibiting, sponsoring, or attending, visitwww.internationalrestaurantny.