Judy Joo’s Seoul Bird out of London, Wexler’s Deli out of Los Angeles,
Portland’s Shalom Y’all and New York’s Egghead, among culinary offerings
LAS VEGAS – February 15, 2023 – Industry trendsetter Clique Hospitality brings together a collection of highly sought-after imports and only-in-Las Vegas destinations with Proper Eats Food Hall, now open on the promenade level of ARIA Resort & Casino. Offerings include Judy Joo’s Seoul Bird out of London, Wexler’s Deli out of Los Angeles, Portland’s Shalom Y’all and New York’s Egghead – each opening for the first time outside of their native cities. Additionally, several of Proper Eats’ concepts were created by Clique, including the company’s new sushi concept, Temaki, along with Easy Donuts, Proper Bar and Laughing Buddha.
“We’ve curated a stellar lineup to wow foodies from around the globe. It’s the best of the best, plus exceptional cocktails to complement the cuisine,” said Andy Masi, founder of Clique Hospitality. “We are thrilled to debut Proper Eats Food Hall as part of ARIA’s incredible dining and nightlife offerings.”
Set to the stunning architectural design of renowned Italian designer Alessandro Munge of Toronto-based Studio Munge, the elevated food hall spans 24,000 square feet; with distinctive design and furnishings reflecting the personality of each concept. Welcoming guests into the space, a luminous curvilinear trellis canopy hangs above Proper Bar, accentuating the stylish setting that has quickly become a vibrant social hub within ARIA to meet for cocktails.
The full lineup of offerings, along with hours of operation, include:
Open Daily from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Easy Donuts: A charming coffee and donut shop, Easy Donuts serves craft coffees and an array of specialty donuts, including seasonal creations that delight taste buds.
- Egghead: Tao Hospitality’s Egghead from New York City brings delicious egg-centric sandwiches to Las Vegas, including its signature sandwich made with eggs and cheese served on freshly baked potato brioche bread, putting a modern spin on the classic breakfast.
- Wexler’s Deli: Made famous in Los Angeles for its old-school Jewish deli classics made with handcrafted pastrami and smoked salmon, Wexler’s Deli serves an array of bagels and sandwiches. Menu offerings include the “Sam Rothstein,” a grilled pastrami Reuben made with Swiss cheese, Russian dressing and sauerkraut on rye bread; and the “Moe Greene,” a toasted bagel topped with lox, paddlefish caviar and gold leaf.
- Laughing Buddha: Steamy, delectable ramen noodles and fragrant broths unite for a texture that is rich and silky with deep umami flavor. Laughing Buddha also serves tonkotsu and miso ramen as well as pork belly and crispy eggplant bao buns.
- Lola’s Burgers: Michael Wharton’s gourmet burgers were a New York favorite in the 1970s and 1980s. Inspired by her grandfather, Lola Wharton honors him with a concept that serves crave-worthy burgers created from special family recipes. Lola’s Burgers are made with premium beef, served on freshly baked buns and include offerings such as the “Smash Burger,” a double patty with American cheese, grilled onions, pickles and Russian dressing; and the “backyard classic,” made with a 6 oz patty, American cheese, diced onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard. Plant-based diners can enjoy a vegan “Impossible” burger topped with American cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato, vegan burger sauce and avocado spread.
- Pizzaoki: The brainchild of GRAMMY-nominated artist, producer and DJ Steve Aoki, Pizzaoki is a delicious take on New York-style pizzas, featuring everything from time-tested classics to vegan and cauliflower crust options. Available by the slice or 18” pies, menu options include the “Pursuit of Happiness” topped with mozzarella, marinara sauce and basil; and the “Hiroquest,” topped with mozzarella, parmesan, pepperoni, sausage, capicola and tomato sauce; among other signatures.
- Proper Bar: Proper Bar’s cocktails were crafted by renowned mixologist Eric Hobbie to complement the eclectic cuisine at Proper Eats. They include signature drinks to honor each concept, including the Good Seoul, made with Casamigos Tequila, Watermelon Red Bull, Aperol, Orgeat and Lemon; the Tropic Thunder, made with Mt. Gay rum, Orgeat, Fever Tree Cola and lime; and Kosher Style, made with Skyy vodka, raspberry syrup, iced tea and Fever Tree Yuzu lime soda. There also are several classics on draft, including the cosmo, old fashioned, mojito, margarita, paloma and espresso martini.
- Seoul Bird: Created by Food Network superstar Judy Joo and her partner Andrew Hales, this is the first Seoul Bird outside of London. Inspired by Joo’s Korean American heritage and the duo’s food tours across South Korea, Seoul Bird is built on the foundations of Korean cooking and flavors. The venue’s signature Seoul chicken sandwich is made with Seoul Bird’s famous crispy double fried chicken breast and topped with American cheese, fresh lettuce and red onion, then topped with house-made umami sauce and kewpie mayo.
- Shalom Y’all: Serving Mediterranean cuisine prepared with love and respect from fresh, high-quality ingredients, Shalom Y’all showcases signature dishes like shawarma spiced cauliflower, grilled lamb and beef Nazareth kebabs. Shalom Y’all is the flagship restaurant for Portland’s Sesame Collective, which was founded in 2020 and already has a collection of six dining concepts, building on the lauded cuisine of Kasey Mills.
- Temaki: Inspired by the tradition of enjoying handrolls as they are prepared so the rice is warm and the fish is chilled, Temaki offers fresh sushi, made to order, highlighting sustainably caught seafood. Temaki is new to Clique’s Southern California portfolio, where it has quickly become a favorite in Encinitas, California.
The full menus and hours are available here.
Clique’s vast portfolio of dining, cocktail and entertainment destinations include Lionfish Coastal Cuisine at the Pendry and Serēa in the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego; and The Barbershop Cuts & Cocktails and Eight Lounge in Las Vegas.
About Proper Eats:
Industry trendsetter, Clique Hospitality, brings together a collection of highly sought-after imports and only-in-Las Vegas destinations with Proper Eats Food Hall, now open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Set to the stunning architectural design of renown Italian designer Alessandro Munge of Toronto-based Studio Munge, the elevated food hall spans 24,000 square feet on the second-level promenade of ARIA Resort & Casino. Proper Eats’ palate-pleasing lineup of eclectic cocktails and cuisine includes the first Wexler’s Deli outside of Los Angeles; London’s famous Seoul Bird by Judy Joo; New York’s breakfast-centric Egghead by Tao Group Hospitality; creative visionary Steve Aoki’s Pizzaoki; Portland, Oregon favorite, Shalom Y’all; and several offerings by Clique Hospitality, including Temaki, serving fresh, innovative handrolls and other modern sushi dishes; steamy noodles and fragrant broths by Laughing Buddha; Easy’s Donuts, home to craft coffee and specialty donuts; Lola’s Burgers, built on generations of gourmet burgers that started on the East Coast; and carefully curated cocktails by Proper Bar. More information about Proper Eats can be found on the website at www.propereatslasvegas.com, as well as on Facebook, Tiktok and Instag
About Clique Hospitality
Clique Hospitality, founded by Andy Masi in 2014, has conceptualized nearly two dozen nightlife and dining destinations in San Diego and Las Vegas. The company’s Las Vegas nightlife portfolio includes The Barbershop and CliQue Bar & Lounge at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas; Eight Lounge and Gatsby’s Cocktail Lounge at Resorts World Las Vegas; and DAYLIGHT Beachclub at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. The company’s Las Vegas dining portfolio includes Bottiglia Cucina & Enoteca and Borracha Mexican Cantina located at Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa and Casino in Henderson, Nevada; Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar and Side Piece Pizza at Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa in Summerlin; The Still Drafts, Crafts & Eats at The Mirage; Tailgate Social at Palace Station Hotel and Casino; and Proper Eats, the highly anticipated food hall bringing a global collection of cuisine and cocktail offerings, at ARIA Resort & Casino, now open. Clique Hospitality’s San Diego restaurant portfolio includes Joya Kitchen, Bull & Bourbon, Lionfish Coastal Cuisine, Serea Coastal Cuisine and Temaki; and day and nightlife portfolio includes Elicit Lounge, Oxford Social Club, Retreat Pool and The Pool House. More information about Clique Hospitality and the company’s full portfolio is available on the website at www.cliquehospitality.com
About ARIA Resort & Casino
ARIA Resort & Casino is a stunning AAA Five Diamond resort on The Strip featuring amenities including world-class dining experiences at Din Tai Fung, Carbone and CATCH, premium meeting and convention space, striking architecture and sustainable design. Combined with its unparalleled offerings, including the first-of-its-kind public Fine Art Collection, ARIA sets the bar for a new generation of resort experiences. ARIA is operated by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit ARIA.com, call toll free at (866) 359-7757 or find us on Instagram, Facebook and Twi